Thank you for your interest in joining us at the Dutchess County Fair! 175 years old, The Dutchess County Fair boasts a tradition of excellence. The Dutchess County Fair is the largest six-day fair in New York State and according to industry “insiders” have long been considered the best six-day county fair in the country. 300,000-350,000 attendees over the 6 days, we draw from a one-hundred-fifty mile plus the radius of Rhinebeck.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can also find answers in the Dutchess Fair Vendor Handbook.
How are Concessions and Vendors Selected?
- Concessions and vendors are chosen on product/services, the application and support materials, concessions experience, booth presentation, and location availability. There is no deadline for applications. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications are good from January 1 through December 31.
What is the Process and Timing for Selecting New Concessions and Vendors?
- Contracts are sent to last year’s applicants in January and are due by April 1. As of that date, vendor spaces that are not under contract are open for new vendors.
- Booths are offered to applicants based on the location of the opening and our vendor mix. Should there be an appropriate opening, you will be contacted. There are very few openings and the selection process is very competitive.
What Type of Booth Spaces are There?
- Inside Sales – Concessions located in one of our 4 Commercial Exhibit buildings. Licenses are issued for selling and promoting a specified product or service. A 10×10 space is the smallest available at $650 for the week.
- Outside Sales – Concessions located in one of the outside Commercial Exhibit areas. Licenses are issued for selling and promoting a specified product or service. Outside spaces require a covering and tent rentals are available. A 15×15 space is the smallest available at $975 for the week.
- Food Concessions – Concessions pay a deposit and amenities charges to hold their location for the Fair. They pay 18% of gross sales after applicable sales tax unless located in a DCAS facility.
- Specialty Foods – Concessions located in our Specialty Foods building. Licenses are issued for selling and promoting a specified packaged food or farm product. A 10×10 space is the smallest available at $650 for the week.
- Nonprofit – A limited number of non-profit vendors for the fair are selected from applications submitted. Costs for these spaces include liability insurance coverage and gate passes for staffing. All booths must be manned while the Fair is open. Nonprofits can also apply for regular vendor space at regular rates. Non-profits will be notified by May 1st if they are selected for the complimentary booths. Political or religious non-profits are not eligible for the locations per the Dutchess County Agricultural Society by-laws. The Fair reserves the right to exclude any organization.
- The application process is fully online and there is a $20.00 application fee.
- Once your payment has been verified, the application form opens.
- You will need to complete application information and upload photos. You cannot save an incomplete application.
- You will receive a confirmation email acknowledging the application receipt once submitted.
- This application is not a license agreement and does not constitute an offer to participate.
- The application is good through December 31 of the year submitted.
Note: This process for filling out the application is to make your payment first, after which will automatically take you to the Vendor Application form itself. This has to be done in one sitting. Be sure to have all of your information and photos ready. To begin, please check the following acknowledgment box:
Vendor/Concessions Contract Payment
- You will need your contract number and payment information.
- Click the “Contract Payment Only” button, enter the payment amount, click continue, enter contract ID in the “Invoice Number” field.
- Make your payment.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your online payment has been verified.
Dutchess County Agricultural Society, Inc. To make a payment, please click the “Contract Payment Only” button below. You will be directed to our secure payment page. Thank you.